Writers in the Storm – a blog for writers
“101 Best Websites for Writers” per Writer’s Digest
I’m happy to report that I’ve joined the family of bloggers on this all-important blog for writers.
Upcoming blog dates and titles:
- Aug 7, 2023 – The Biggest Reason Why You Should Have a Mailing List
Check out past blogs:
- Does Writer’s Block Really Exist? published May 1, 2023
- Critiques – How to Get Them, How to Receive Them, published February 6, 2023
- 13 Reasons Why Your Submission Could Have Been Rejected, published November 7, 2022
- The Law of Abundance and You as a Writer, published August 1, 2022
Master Class – Using (& Avoiding) Procrastination for Writers
by Dr. Diana Stout
June 5-16, 2023 – WriterUniv.com (Limited to 25 people)
Prerequisite: Must have a project that you’ve been struggling to finish or to get started.
Do you procrastinate so much you aren’t writing at all? Would like to change your procrastination habit but don’t know where to start? Surprisingly, it’s basic biology: Humans are wired to create procrastination. To change the habit, we need to understand why we do it. We can then use old tools in new ways. This class will drag procrastination out of the shadows, expose it for what it really is, and help you overcome what we’ve come to believe is writer’s block. Topics include:
- How to use the power of procrastination to fuel your writing
- How brain waves and vibrations affect your creativity
- How to analyze the roots of procrastination in your life
- Why new tools and new supplies don’t eliminate procrastination
- How to determine your focus—and why that’s important
- How, why, and when your brain creates procrastination
Long before Writer Diana became Dr. Diana, she sat in front of her computer with a looming deadline…and stared at the screen. All day. The next day, too. On the third day, she said, “This is nuts!” Major research provided her the ability to overcome the problem, changing her life. Since then, Dr. Diana has been helping students and writers avoid procrastination and writer’s block. Let her help you change your life, too.
$65 per class ($60 if paid by check) at Register